ASG sub-committee on content development
Call Dec 8 2022
1. Welcome and introductions 2. Background to course development 3. Outline of course components 3. Module 1 4. Process for interaction and feedback to Nirmita 5. Next steps 6. AOB
- G: People found course on IG not appropriate to PwD
- F: Deadline is tight
- F: Workshop to get feedback like the one F did in Jan
- F: Module on Digital Inclusion could be expanded upon
- F. N shouldn't work alone, use community feedback
- F: Syllabus for schools on Internet governance
- G: Dhaka Workshop, intended to be continued, needs funding.
- G: idea is that the is course be pre-requisite for participation.
- F: Reach out DC in Schools of IG for feedback
- F: Pre-courses and the main course?
- F: Follow up - what comes after / avenues of interaction?
- G: First bit - general background on PwD matters. Important. So that people outside can acclimatize. But not overdone to people who already know this stuff tune out.
- F: Include resources so that IG school organizers can easily add modules to their events
- J: Intersectionality with other groups eg Youth, Education SGs. Create map?
- G: Nirmita edited book on disability. Needs to get up to speed with IG.
- G: Timing? Meet after each module.
- J: So workshop needs to be organized asap.
- F: need a Doc on Approach, bones of 1st module before.
- F: DC-SIG, GIGANET, facilitators of ISOC Learn IG course.
- G: This is syllabus. Format and funding of actual still tbd.
- F: Corporate. Meta - might be interested. F can reach out
- J: Webinar - clear set of questions.
- F: what was missing from ISOC IG module?
- F: what do people need to help them teach.
- J: Scope needs to be defined. What this is not. e.g. policy issues not actual accessibility of IG meetings.
- F: Google doc, Approach. Scope. next steps.
- Aim for around Jan 8 for webinar.
- Next call should be when N. can attend.